A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid.

Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Random Stalker


20/05/2014

I had recently joined engineering preparation classes after finishing my A levels. Most of the people said, “Engineering is very difficult”, so I thought why not give a shot to this. Most of the students opt PEA for engineering preparations so I went with the flow. I had joined the new group and everyone was new to everyone. I am not good at making friends since childhood. But that day I made some friends.  So, it was a regular day for me. The classes started from 6 in the morning till 11. I had to ruin my sleep for this.
The classes were normal, those boring lectures of physics, chemistry, math’s, English and aptitude. The class was filled with the bunch of nerds in the first and second bench. The semi-nerds were sited in fourth and fifth bench. The average students were in the sixth and seventh. While the swaggers were in the last bench playing candy crush and talking about recent UEFA Champions league. I was late for class that day So, I made myself comfortable in the last bench. During the lecture one of my bench mates got stuck in particular level of candy crush. He asked for my help and suddenly we were friends. I never thought making friends was so easy. Now I was a swagger. For the next couple of days I was always in the last. The next morning I woke up pretty fast. So I thought why do I always sit in last bench? Am I that lame not to study? I made up my mind but my heart was saying, “Do you want to be like those nerds?” and I thought, ”Yeah I want to be a nerd, a fun loving nerd”. That day I went early to the class early. As usual nerds occupied the first bench. The second bench of the first row was empty so, I went there and thought, “This feels pretty good”. The first benchers were discussing Nuclear physics that was taught yesterday. I joined them. They could not solve a numerical. As I had studied Nuclear physics in a level I felt that pretty easy to solve. I solved it and they were amazed. They must have thought,”How come a last bencher could solve this numerical?” And now I was a nerd. But I said to myself “I am a fun loving nerd”.

After some talk with them I came to know that one of them was a college topper and another got 90 percent in Grade 11. I was an average student. I graduated my A levels with an overall  C grade.  The flow of students in the class was increasing. Some boys joined me in the second bench. All of a sudden a beautiful girl entered in our class.  Her eyes were beautiful, like the color of the ocean after a massive storm. I had never seen her before in this class. I assumed she was new. For those milliseconds I could not takes my eyes of her. Then she got seated in the second bench of the third row. I was like,”Damn it! She should have thought I am a nerd. Why didn’t I seat in the last bench and play it cool?” The teacher entered the class. He was supposed to teach Electricity and Magnetism. But who cared. I just wanted to know about this new girl. I started to look her between the heads of the students. Our eyes met twice in that class. I thought, “This is enough for now”. She must also have got some idea. Again in next class, I wanted to stare but those heads, blocked me. They blocked me for the entire class. The class was over. I left the class and went into the ground floor where I was waiting for my friends who was in other group. I scanned for the new girl, but I could not find her among the crowd. After couple of minutes someone called my name. It was Manan. So, I lost the hope of finding her here. We boarded the bus and went our respective home.
The next day I was early as I had to sit in the second bench. After couple of minutes Ms Beautiful Eyes entered and Mr. Stare got his job. This time I thought I would play cool. So I took my pen and started to rotate it in my fingers. I had learned this trick in school. After couple of stares she also started looking at me, but whenever she saw me I flipped my head. I thought, “I am a boy. Why am I shy?” Redox reactions were being taught in the class but I had only one reaction going on in my heart, the reaction of love. That day I called Manan and Said I will meet him at the bus stop. Then, I followed Ms Beautiful eyes. To my surprise she also went in the same bus stop. I went there and stood, keeping a distance. Manan called me from across the road. I called him over. He Saïd, ‘Why didn’t you meet me there ?’ I was going to say because of her, but she was gone. ‘My stalking was not enough’,I murmured. We boarded the bus to chabahil and left the place. I don’t know that I can ever get near to this girl or even know her name.But I know one thing that she has really beautiful eyes,I mean really really beautiful and I would not deactivate my stalker mode,not for now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About